Wednesday, March 3, 2010

thai one on me

the Thai food train has entered the station. please mind the gap and keep your arms and legs inside the train at all times. first stop: lettuce wraps and a chicken mung pao thai gu or something. lol i made all of those words up- it was a dish with chicken, peppers, green beans, onions and spicy. we got it with a side of coconut rice, which is shockingly good. I'm going to have to stop saying that i hate coconut milk as there are too many instances when i love it (examples: shredded coconut on top of anything, pina coladas, and this coconut rice business). i think it'll be best for me to just stick to hating Thai curry/ maybe i can hate it on the face that it's green. i realize that many green things are delicious, broccoli for one; Thai curry however is not one of those things and shall never be one of those delicious green dishes that entices me to make yummy noises. how very unfortunate for us all, and by us i mean Nikita, as she is always rather devastated that we can't order Thai curry when we go... more on the Thai food experience and it's virtues...1. it is a block from my house. it literally is at the end of my block. i think it's closer than our mailbox used to be. i used to have qualms going to check the mail, but i reckon if the mailbox served lettuce wraps we wouldn't have had that problem. 2.it has a rather interesting and pretty Thai decor. theres no incense and no Buddhas kicking around, but it did the trick. 3.the waitress is full out Thai. super cute and really friendly. she didn't speak super great English, which is kind of what i look for in my Thai dining experiences.. 4. it was rather reasonable in price. twenty eight dollars for the two of us, plus tip. i got a full to go box for lunch tomorrow too. i made eyes for it and Nikita let me have it. good friend- i did, however, reciprocate with two homemade carrot cake cupcakes, 5. i got a stamp card with TWO stamps, which means I'm only eight away from getting a free entree. 6. we got our pick of the tables because the place was as empty as my wallet. that was a metaphor- what'd u think? I've been working on my poetic devices. sometimes I'm afraid my writing isn't literary enough. i will use more onomatopoeia's and alliterations- don't think i won't. 7. they have fried bananas on their menu. we did not indulge. i don't think i will make that mistake again- the mistake of not getting the bananas. i regret it whole heartily right now. i think I'm a glutton. i hear that's a sin. Whenever i think of sins i think of that movie Seven, where the guy sends the detective's (Was it Brad Pitt?) wife's head in a box to him. how disturbing. almost up there with Joyride when the severed dogs head gets sent through the doggy door. some movies should be sent to their bedroom with no dinner to think about what they've done.
you can be my rainbow and I'll be your pot of gold.

3 comments:

  1. well well well. i feel you have betrayed sabai thai... what is it with you people.. stick to your roots!! like me.. i would never give up bozzinis. i feel the longer i go there the more "customer appreciation" i get. For example: in the future, i MAY get a free birthday cake.. or a free greek salad no tomatoes, no olives extra feta. However, i am still waiting.
    You know, i really think we should open a little stand at the mail box.. everyone gets there mail on a daily basis. we could be rich.
    **Remember, you're nuts but you are welcome here! too all of you littles.. my home is open to you and so will my soon to be stand at the mailbox. bring cash, its going to be an "under the table" type thingy magggigggyy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bozinnis gave me that free sample of butter chicken! the thai place gave us free shrimp crackers. i think the key is looking like you need free. i give off a "cheapskate" aura i think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some issues regarding this entry today.
    1. Frying fruit is never a good idea.
    2. The movie is not called 'Joyride' it is called 'Fear'.
    3. You want free, sushi places are extremely value added, i get a free pop or miso soup err day.
    And yes Michelle you are cheaper than an East Hastings hooker the day before welfare Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete