Saturday, February 8, 2014

Chicken Cheese Avocado Quesadilla

My daily life revolves around food. Often, before I'm even out of bed I have a meal plan. Might sound excessive but remember that I eat the same thing for breakfast every day (banana, mixed berries, flax and almond milk protein smoothie) and I plan my lunches and a general dinner theme on Sunday. I know most people can't/won't eat the same thing for five days straight, but lucky for me I thrive on consistency. Also, I try to be conscious about not over shopping and buying more food than I need, then having to throw it away., so I don't usually have too many options!

Quesadillas are something I make all the time. Fact: quesadillas are delicious. Even when I have no groceries I still have the fixings for a dilla. All you need is cheese and tortilla- never let yourself run out of those! Sometimes I make them as simple as pesto and cheese. Often I'll use leftover fajita filling. I love a pesto cranberry chicken and Parmesan dilla. My most favourite, by far, is chicken with cheese and avocado!

Chicken Cheese Avocado Quesadilla

Ingredients
Whole wheat tortilla
Chicken
Cheese
Avocado
Salsa

Directions
  1. Place wrap in a frying pan and turn stove to medium-high.
  2. Chop chicken into bite sized pieces (I used teriyaki chicken -yum)
  3. Sprinkle one half of tortilla with cheese, then top with chicken.
  4. Cut up avocado and distribute half on top of chicken, top with more cheese.
  5. Mash the remainder of the avocado and spread on empty side of tortilla.
  6. Fold the tortilla over on itself and cook until edges harden, then flip to other side. This only takes a few minutes. 
  7. Get your salsa out and a plate, cut the dilla into 4 pieces and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment