Wednesday, March 10, 2010

run of the sun*

what a sad sight i was this morning. i could barely squat down to pee. i considered trying to pee standing up but the potential mess scared me off. i hobbled around work all day, avoiding going downstairs as much as possible. it took me ten minutes to walk from the parking lot to my condo- usually it takes 45 seconds. i was going to give up and just crumple into a ball on the ground, but fear of frostbite kept me going.
day two of training consisted of 18 track laps, which is equivalent to 7.2kms. Thats three more laps than we did on Monday. Let's put it in perspective, 10kms is 25laps. so yes we did 18, but they were interspersed by about 6 walking laps and it took us about 45 minutes. The goal is to get it done in an hour or thereabouts. Sean [i told him i'd give him a psuedo name for my blog, but haven't thought of one. he suggested "Jason" as it's his middle name, but as we already have a Jason kickin' around i told him that would be unsuitable] was being such a drill sergent, which is probably a good thing becuase without that motivation i would've crawled home much sooner. I think i'm going to make him do stairs next time- i'm pretty sure he hates stairs!

i guess i should probably apologize to sean for sending him death threats by text messages last night. what if he's mad at me and makes me run way harder next time? puke.

59 days til the run of the sun. i reckon my calves should be feeling better by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment