Tuesday, March 2, 2010

love.me.some.lamp

Ampersand: a lovely yet lengthy word for the 'and' symbol. I fell in love with the word and the use of the symbol recently. As wikipedia would have you know it is a corruption of the phrase and per se and... I will not elaborate on this.

I hate sneezing when I'm alone. I get an uncontrollable urge to say "bless me" as nobody is around to do so. I don't really believe the devil is trying to steal my soul or anything; I firmly believe he will get it in good time anyhow. Too few volunteer activities and goodwill coming from this camp. Plus when I find money on the ground I make little or no effort to find it's owner. Plus, I litter... And lately I haven't been recycling. I wonder if god cares about recycling. I wonder if I really care about god. I will go with a blase 'negatory' here.

A mild panic attack was had a bit earlier during my spree of shopping at home sense. After fruitlessly searching for a new duvet cover I stomped off back to the lamp section with my buggie. I get there and look down and realize I've got the wrong buggie. My pink vase, my ramekins, my purse - where are they!? who's taken them? I really hope they left the vase, it was the only one on the shelf and it was adorable! I power walk/run through the store trying not to be frantic and find my stuff sitting just where I had left it in the bedding section. insert sigh of relief here. Delete over reaction. I spent the next 45 minutes in the lamp section. I made a lamp loving friend and also caught up with Jen and her brother who were also browsing the store. They were unhelpful when it came to the choosing of the lamp. I don't blame them and I'm not bitter, although any help would have been appreciated. It wasn't my day to lamp is all.

Clearly it's been a rather uneventful day, the most exciting thing that happened to me all evening is when I farted and it sounded like a trumpet. I'm vaguely obsessed with trumpets since I saw this girl play at my Uncle Ron's church. She was pretty awesome. I reckon the trumpeting community wouldn't appreciate me liking their beautiful music to my flatulence.

3 comments:

  1. Creative.. I have a blog as well. I find my self articling my immeasurably fascinating dysfunctions, neuroses, emotions, moments of shame and doubt and of course my inner child.. I figured out that the only difference between me and the rest of this country is that I acknowledge how crazy I am and really they are all in mind-numbing denial.. My blog may however be describing my dysfunctions as a person... And may point out many flaws.. But its really worth a read.. Maybe we should combined our lives.. Make us famous.. I see it already.. "The immeasurably fascinating ..little twins". Or maybe a title of "we all have issues" or sanity is a cozy lie.. Or maybe "what are our dysfunctions today" lol. Just a thought!! Look forward to this pink lamp, and can't wait for you to check out the theme of "yellow" xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am without a doubt proud of my children, who would have ever thought that two halves still did not make a whole! Which brings to mind the dilemma of home ownership, shopping and most importantly a newly discovered musical talent! On shopping maybe your lamp will bring you a light at the end of the tunnel, your trumpet skills OUTSTANDING..and I often wish when hearing you play that you were out(side) standing and of course home ownership it brings $$$$ to my eyes! Need I say more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home Sense always invokes a sense of excited panic, more so than my other shopping adventures.
    I'm glad I have left playing the trumpet to my much talented younger sister. I didn't like the chapped lips anyways.
    Sanity is a cozy lie *twin, that is what makes life so interesting. Maneuvering relationships and connections between those openly insane and those still in the closet is an entertaining sport, like playing with dead flies.
    **BiggieSmallz**just like you... only prettier.

    ReplyDelete