Friday, March 7, 2014

Sun Runnin' Fool

Sun run season is almost upon us. It's coming up April 27. I signed up on a whim and was hoping I could convince nick to join me. Apparently that was wishful thinking. I believe he gave me an "absolutely not" when I asked him. Im not too concerned on finding a running buddy as I do enjoy running solo.

I started training in March, committing myself to one "long" run every weekend as I have Bootcamp Monday Tuesday Thursday during the week. I started out with a five km run and have been upping it by one km every week. Tomorrow should be 8km but I'm in whistler and am going to substitute a treadmill run for a real one, so we will see. I have a way harder time running that type of distance ona a treadmill, I always want to just up the speed and get it done with sooner but then I get a side Cramp and end up dying.

I don't have Bootcamp for the second half of March so I'll be able to get in a few extra runs and will do some speed work at the track too! Wanna race? Meet me at LSS! :)

I'm aiming for a sun run finish time of under an hour and hopefully under 55 minutes. Last week I ran  my 7 k in 41 min and it was sub zero temperatures. I think in milder weather I'll be able to pick up the pace and hit my goal!

Check it out, I got a new iPhone arm band. I'm sure this will also make me faster. Hiding my phone in my sports bra has gotta be slowing me down :/



No comments:

Post a Comment