Sunday, January 30, 2011

blackberryless for 36 hours.

Friday night, Katie, Britt and I drank copious amounts of wine and taxied our way down to Gabby's. i get to the door and dig around in my purse to grab my wallet and it is nowhere to be found. I had just paid for the cab so I ran outside and awesomely enough the cab was still parked out front. I open the door and find my wallet tucked down the side of the seat waiting for me. I grabbed it, yelled a thank you and ran back to the bar. Lots of beers and dancing followed. The band was awesomeish, their guitar player was quite the looker. A few hours later kt and Britt tell me they are leaving and obviously i was too busy having too much fun to leave. By this point I've found a long lost friend I haven't seen a while. She shrugs and hands me my jacket and i throw it down in a corner somewhere. Tequila ensues. I'd like to skip the next part of the story and liken my life to the song "Tequila makes her clothes fall off", however that seems a bit graphic, so I'd like to edit the lyrics to tequila makes her phone get lost. or tequila makes her jacket disappear. or tequilas makes her not care that her phone and jacket are missing and her friends have left her alone to make bad decisions all by herself AGAIN! (jk, love them) Anyhow, Saturday afternoon eventually rolls around and my buzzer starts going off. I drag myself out of bed and pick it up with a very wary "hello?". I have never been one to like the dreaded Drop By. It's Katie. I explain over intercom that I've lost my phone. She insists i buzz her up. Of course, i do. She tells me that my mom and her and Amanda have basically sent out a search party for me. Normally we do a Saturday morning speaker phone chat that they were clearly missing pretty hard. I explain that I am fine, just down 1 phone and 1 jacket. I told her i would call her later to sort out our plans. Lol, slash I would walk over to her house because clearly I am techno-less. We BBM my phone and the first message is Delivered and Read. WTF give me back my phone we say. The messages are then not delivered meaning the phone has been turned off. Argh. Manda insists she will find my phone through GPS. Kita and Lan come over. Nik plays the sugarland song that is my ring tone and i get all hopeful that my phone has been found. insert cry face. The girls go out for dinner while i lay on the couch in mucho pain. They bring me back mcdonalds which i promptly return to the toilet. sorry, i forgot to put a disclaimer about gross factor. this morning was very depressing without my beloved BB. I spent all morning thinking about all the messages i could be sending and all the facebook and allrecipes i could be surfing. I put on my Sunday jeans and drove to carol's. Manda meets me over here and makes the call to Fido to tell them my phone has been stolen. After a bit of smooth talking she has convinced them to give me a new phone at the low cost of activation plus 30 bucks. Part of that to be paid with my Fido dollars (free money). We rush over to the mall and they set up my phone and don't charge me a penny and give me a free 2mb memory card on top of that. LML. Manda and I get home from the mall and she gets a text from the person who has my phone. She calls him and is rather rude and tells him he will come grab the phone in cloverdale. I meet him at Tim Hortons (with my dad as backup in my car in case this lunatic is trying to kidnap me- i think i watch too much tv). The guy who shows up is Bryan, who i had been dancing with at the bar. He says that he was hammered and might have taken it as a joke and forgot to give it back. He did mention being a little nervous about manda's threat about GPSing the phone. I manage not even to be mad about the whole thing and tell him to call me sometime as he already has my number. i mean its a perfect Meet Cute. If my dad wasn't in the car I'd probably have went and had a coffee with Brian Phone Thief (as he is now saved as in my contacts list). I went from no phone to two phones in a matter of two hours. God must love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment