Friday, January 21, 2011

My Kitten Kit.

I probably check my mail two or three times a week. On the weeks that I check it three times, at least one of those times the mail box is empty. I am always very excited when there happens to be mail in the box. There are three types of mail i get- 1. stuff from the government 2. junk/flyers/coupons/free stuff I've ordered online 3. actual awesome mail that is meant for me. Yesterday when i opened my mail box it was FULL. I squealed in delight and ran up the stairs.. okay ran up the first flight and walked up the rest. I sat down at the table and started in on my STACK of mail.

Now you'd think this blog would be about #3, awesome mail. It is not. Although, come to think of it this item is kind of #2 and #3. It's awesome and free. THAT makes it a twofer, which instantly brings up its awesomeness rating. It could probably get its own page in the 1000 awesome things book.

I will delay no longer.  The snail mail i received was something I had ordered off the Purina website ages ago and had forgotten all about. "My Kitten Kit" they call it. Please see that it was addressed to Michelle & Watson! Adorable? I think so.
In this kit was a Owner's Manual type thing that covers everything you'd ever need to know about owning a cat. There was one Did You Know blurb i found especially interesting. "Cats are the only mammals that are unable to taste sweetness." I thought it was weird that Watson licked all the icing off my cupcake if she can't taste sweet. It must be the butter in the icing that she likes. or the pink. or maybe the sprinkles. It had lots of helpful information that i could have used weeks, if not months, ago. How to make sure she uses her litter box, how to keep her from scratching the furniture and my entire body, how to get her to sleep at night and not annoy the crap out of me. I skimmed through the book and filed it away if future reference is necessary. There is lots of information about if they get sick and about keeping her a healthy weight and basically stuff i don't care about at this point in time. Oooo! It also came with this cute little charm to go on a collar.

The thing i was most excited about, OBVIOUSLY, was the free coupons. Included in the package: a free bag of kitten chow, a free can of wet food and a free container of kitty litter. Like no joke, best deal ever. Watson didn't care much for the charm, coupons or manual, but she really loved the cellophane that the package was wrapped in. That's all for right meow... uhh i mean now.

No comments:

Post a Comment