Thursday, March 27, 2014

Bootcamp Avocado-But-Still-Chocolate Brownies

We are having a Bootcamp girls get together night tomorrow. It's a pot luck which is fun. It's also like this weird contest women do to see who can make the best dish. Or maybe that's just me. It's a known fact anything with melted cheese will be in the running for at least top three. Meatballs, devilled eggs, and things stuffed with other things are always big hits. Unfortunately my appetizer skills are pretty minimal. I usually bring out a veggie, pita and hummus tray to shut my hungry friends up. Once the wine starts flowing they usually forget all about food anyways!

So my conundrum for pot lucks is what to bring! And the answer I usually select is baked goods. If it's an all girls party I invariably go to brownies. Bit*hes love brownies. (Lol too much? Sorry!)

I have this bad habit of wanting to put healthy things in my baking. It's mostly me trying to make the world a better place and also to try to justify the eating of brownies on a more regular basis. Today it was avocados I needed to stuff in my brownies. Avocados are super creamy and full of healthy days and antioxidants. They aren't just for guacamole, people! Here's how I made my treats...

Bootcamp Avocado-but-still-Chocolate Brownies
Ingredients
1 avocado, mashed
3/4 cup almond milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1tsp baking powder
1/2 Tsp salt
1 cup Hershey's mini kisses or chocolate chips

  1. Preheat Oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 dish.
  2. Beat avocado, almond milk and vanilla together until smooth. 
  3. Add in dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
  4. Add in chocolate chips.
  5. Spread batter evenly in pan and bake for 26-30 minutes.
Avocado peanut butter chocolate frosting
Ingredients
1 avocado mashed
1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
2 cups icing sugar
1 Tsp vanilla
1/3 Tsp salt
  1. Mix mashed avocado and peanut butter until creamy.
  2. Add in icing sugar a little at a time and mix until smooth.
  3. Add in vanilla and salt.
  4. Frost brownies while they are still warm.
  5. Top with chopped Reese peanut butter cups if so desired (who wouldn't desire that?).



No comments:

Post a Comment