Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tim The Toolman Taylor

I have decided that I am basically the reincarnate of Tim Allen aka Tim The Toolman Taylor, from the show Home Improvements. A better looking, female version of course. Let's not even talk about the fact that he's still alive. It was basically just an opening for a re-cap of last night.

I hit Home Depot again last night. South Surrey, as I was hoping they would have a wider selection of lights. They did not. I haunted the lighting aisle for about an hour and then Eeenie Meenie Minie Mo'd my choices. Well not quite. I picked the most expensive one and the cheapest one. My rationale on this was that the nice light can be for the guest bath and the not so nice light will be for mine.

I got home all excited with my new lights. I hunted down the breaker panel, which I've cleverly hid behind a mirror (I did such a great job that sometimes I forget where it is!). I finally found the breaker to turn off the bathroom electricity so i don't kill myself. Unfortunately I didn't do it the "Right" way. I forgot to mark which breaker switch belonged to the bathroom.

Whilst talking on the phone to Manda, i begin to take down the track lighting in the guest bath. A little nervous, but determined, it goes perfectly fine until I get everything but the electrical stuff down. I am faced with a confusing set-up, very unlike the ceiling lights I have come across in my condo previously. Hrmph. I hold my breath and start pulling at things until I am able to dislodge the light mounting bracket from the wall. Success!

I open up my pretty, new, uncomfortably expensive light and lay out all the pieces. I read the instructions. I look at the pieces again. I call my mom.

Unfortunately my parents have always stayed away from lighting fixtures so they had no suggestions. I send Cam a text message in hopes he might get off work early to help. No luck. I decide that i will switch back on the power and deal with it at a later time.

Back at the breaker panel I realize I have no idea which switch it is. So i start switching them all. The problem is that there is no light in the bathroom so there's not a clear sign. However, it's also connected to my bedroom, so I go from the panel to the bedroom switching each breaker. I get through ALL the breakers and no Success. Wtf. I call my mom again. Again, she has no suggestions. I was kind of hoping she would have went and taken an Electrician course in the midst of my Lighting Adventure. Apparently this thought never crossed her mind.

I try the breakers again. No luck. This is vaguely insane. My dad says that maybe it needs to "cool". Lol. Anyhow, i think Carol and partner Vince (who was an electrician in a previous life) may come to investigate today. In the mean time, I've showered in the dark and blow dried my hair and have done my makeup in the kitchen. Sigh. I also got dressed in the dark. Not that anyone would notice, it probably looks like i get dressed in the dark EVERY day.

No comments:

Post a Comment