Tuesday, November 2, 2010

shortbread shortbus.

i most often get the urge to blog when things are going wrong. the stench of wrong fills my condo, to the tune of a pot of burnt chili. Luckily for me and Miss Watson, that stench is being accompanied by the smell of freshly made caramel. This freshly made caramel was layer number 2 in my Caramel Shortbread Squares (allrecipes.com). The first layer was a simple shortbread, second was caramel and third was milk chocolate. Because i am a half wit, i did not let the caramel set completely (or even partially really). Am i so busy that i didn't have time for the caramel to set? scoff. of course not. My next appointment after baking was to move to the couch for some reading. I was tired of standing there and waiting for it to set and i wanted to lick the bowl that the chocolate had been melted in. The chocolate globs sunk right into the caramel layer. This was followed by an audible gasp and loud expletive that i dare not repeat for fear of repercussions from the Carol. I ran through all my options and obviously the only one i had was to marble. I smoothed the caramel-chocolate mixture into a gooey combo and put it in the fridge where i don't have to look at it anymore. i am just having a bowl of burnt chili. it tastes like cancer. fml and fuck cancer.

PS. mom, u can't get mad at that last expletive it's a popular slogan hating on a terrible disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment