Saturday, May 1, 2010

mother May i?

so i pounded out my first 10 kms of the week this morning. mildly embarassing. i asked some guy standing on my street what time it was becuase my ipod has been hijacked by some loser. cough sean. cough fag. anyhow, it was 820 and i got home and checked the clock at 913. eek. i have to say i was ecstatic that i managed to stay in a fully upright position the entire time. for any concerned parties i will have you know my shoulder has been de-scabbed (yeah i picked i totally picked it off. don't even pretend your not jealous) and my knee is coming along well.

guess i'll do a re-cap of the last little bit. last sunday me and the gang: nik,greg and seano went golfing at poppy in aldergrove. it was good times. i think i shot a 75 or so. (the or so equaling about 150 or so). then we hit mandas and drank martinis and watched the game and had steak. no offence, worst steak ever. be got them from xtra foods. the selection was disgraceful.

on thursday alanna, nik and i went to see the ken ches movie in 3d. yes 3 d. it was basically a time warp back to last summer's concert in seattle. we brought in some sneaky beers and ate popcorn and rocked out to KC. he's such a star. hit up sam's after for a couple drinks and nearly was convinced to go to gabbys.

tuesday we decorated our derby hats. they are way past adorable and basically useless now since the derby party was cancelled due to the hockey game. how rude. my confession: been wearing it around the house sporadically.

i depleted my baking supplies by producing 3 dozen zucchini choco chip muffins and 3 dozen more coffee cake muffins. why the multitude of muffins you ask? well the first batch stuck to the liners. F BOMB. normally NBD, but these muffins were being donated to a church function that i somehow convinced myself was a worthwhile thing to do. if god was on my team he would have reminded me to grease the fing muffin liners. NTS: no more charity baking. the second batch is a recipe i acquired from DAn the accountant at work, they are basically cake. they turned out decently. i sprayed and floured the tins. i have about 40 muffins sitting in my fridge adn freezer. im going to back chew every last one of them. yes back chew.

wednesday i went to my uncle ron and aunty joyces who live a block from me. they made me dinner and then i had a nap on their couch and went home.

last week my washing machine flooded my condo. no damage up here. the two floors below me experienced some rather negative side effects. its funny how now that im trying to avoid my neighbours i see them EVERYDAY. NTS: switch up routine slash use back door to enter condo.

my grandma fractured her ankle. she was being pretty stoic when i talked to her though. such a trooper that Nancy.

ps. calling anyone a Nancy is not appropriate in our circle anymore. nancy is a saint. think of a new derogatory term please. thanks- Management.

headed by the Forklift Rodeo this afternoon. IVES is judging the event i believe. There are free hot dogs. this is the real reason i am going.

tomorrow night is brooks and dunn. yeah it is. my excitement is about a 9. i don't knwo what to wear. Row 17. NBD. i may bring my beach ball to throw around and see if we can bring the concert a KenChes vibe. yes im goign through KC withdrawls.

ps my new mint plant is flourishing. i am going to make lemonanas. REady for it? lemon or lime juice. mint, vodka, ice. blend. this recipe was stolen from Goa where this drink made it's first appearance. oh i think theres some kind of cane sugar. i forget. will ask nikita.

anyhow. that is all for now.

PS. sun run is on sunday. wish me luck. sean and i are going to use my new suspenders to connect ourselves so we don't get lost. basically i am going to let his momentum carry me through the race. imagine if i fell and he just dragged me behind him. lol. pps. only two more weeks until my four week wine is ready BTW!

No comments:

Post a Comment