Thursday, August 25, 2011

G-words Urban Dictionary

wow i just got lost on urban dictionary for forty five minutes and i feel so much dumber for it. As all internet tangents seem to, it started with an innocuous Google search. I was searching the word "g33k". I crossed paths with G33k Sp33K a few months ago in a fiction book i was reading about cyber hacking and bullying. Google lead me to Urban Dictionary and it was all downhill from there. UD has a left sidebar with a list of words that are before and after the searched word alphabetically. How could i resist? I randomly clicked on a few different G33K words and then scrolled up the list a bit farther and came to all these G-word abbreviations, almost none of which i recognized. The only abbreviation i knew out of 30 words was g/f (which i assume means girlfriend, but I'm probably wrong)... I arbitrarily clicked through them and thought I'd share a few so we could all be up on the new slang out there. I avoided all G33K Sp33K words because they make my brain hurt and i think using them makes your social standing instantly lower.

GOY: Go Off Yourself. A nice alternative to G.F.Y, and also slightly more offensive.

G.L.A.J. An abbreviated way to say Go Lick a Jew.

And then i was shocked when i came across "G.NA", which is the stage name for a girl we went to school with who became a famous singer in Korea. It totally looks like she added this entry herself.

The Canadian born South Korean singer currently under Cube Entertainment. She is well known for her great looks and beautiful singing voice. She is fluent in also English and is very popular throughout the world.

Person A: Wow, who is that hot, but equally talented singer in that video?
Person B: That's G.NA of course.

This one is rude but hilarious:

My favorite find was on the Word of the Day section though: "get an inbox "

Derived from the expression "get a room." When couples constantly leave romantic, mushy or suggestive messages on each other's Facebook wall for everyone else to see, someone else may tell them to "get an inbox already" and carry on in private.
Sadie: I love you SO FUCKING MUCH ahhhhhhh Im gonna die from how much I love you <3 <3 <3
Ian: me too bby
Sabrina: holy shit guys, get an inbox.

Well that's it for Sharing is Caring hour. I hope you enjoyed our G Words session. I also hope this eliminates the need for anyone else to waste any precious time on Urban Dictionary! You're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment