Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Michelle of Honor?

This weekend my lovely sister, Amanda, got engaged to my favorite brother-in-law-to-be, Jason! Very exciting. I might have peed a little when I found out. He picked a beautiful ring and proposed on a lovely, romantic weekend. He told us that he had the ring hidden in his tshirt drawer for the last three months. I am more than shocked that manda didn't find it! She's pretty snooptastic.

The wedding planning has commenced with a vengeance. Venues are being researched, the invite list has been made, the dress shopping date set and the bridesmaids and grooms have been selected, although the best man and maid of honor have not been announced yet.

I have great designs on the position of number one bridesmaid, aka Maid of Honor. I was born to do it- stand  around and look pretty, hold flowers and plan a stagette, pfft it's got my name written all over it. Mich the MOH! Its got a nice ring to it, eh?  How could my Twin sister choose anyone but me for that role? We were womb buddies for gods sake! How can the other bridesmaids even compete? Gifts maybe... That's the only way I feel I can lose this MOH race! Not that it is a race, it's a privilege and honor, second to none.

I just know deep in my heart that nobody could MOH my manda like I could. I will MOH the heck out of this wedding! Minus the speech part... I'll blow that for sure!

Let me introduce the bridesmaids (my competition) and their potential MOH winning characteristics:

Lisa- sister, but not a twin. Their sisterly bond has recently been strengthened through a summer of car pooling. She has recent experience being a MOH, potentially giving her seniority.
Sam- Amanda's best friend since elementary school. Knows a good chunk of her deep dark secrets which Sam could use to threaten manda for MOH status. She is a lot nicer to Amanda than I am, is super hot and could beat me to a pulp if she wanted to be the MOH. Also, she made Amanda her first born son's god mother. Amanda kind of owes her.
KT, Jess and Nikita- sorry, but not a chance in the MOH running. No blood relation and Sam has more dirt on manda than all three of you combined. If any of you three get asked to be MOH I am requesting you politely decline and throw in a good word for me. Don't worry, I can send you a list of my positive attributes if you want to keep them on file.

I don't know when manda's announcing who the lucky girl is going to be. I'm kind of hoping it's not super soon so that I have lots of time to practice an acceptance speech. Also, with some extra time I can remind manda how much fun and how perfect I am for the job! Patience is a virtue I do not posess, the anticipation is killing me.

MOH me already!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha. This is soooo funny!! And if you beat me to the MOH I will share all my deepest manda secrets with you and we can write one hell of a speech together!!! :) but I did make amanda the god mother of my first born.. And he is pretty cute... So that has to have a little pull. ;)
    Love sam. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh out loud at work. I like it! You are right ...I have no chance of being MOH. But let's face facts....I am no where near ready for that type of responsibility. I would rather participate and throw in my 2 cents from afar. I will support you in your MOH duties tho (ie. drinking heavily when Manda is freaking out). Good Luck - I am cheering for you! (Sorry Sam...but if Shelly wasn't in the picture, I would vote for you!)
    xoxo J

    ReplyDelete