Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Broken ornament count: 8

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! This years decorations on my Very first Christmas Tree EVER! are a temporary lone from mommy. The color scheme is pink and purple and it is rather awesome slash a bit excessive. Unfortunately, between kitty and myself, I believe we are at a total of 8 shattered ornaments. There are also some re-located to various corners and secret kitty hiding spots. The ribbon has been pulled off and put back on more times than I can count. My dad likened Watson to the squirrel from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
Apparently there is a scene where a squirrel climbs up the tree and hilarity ensues.
I can ensure you the hilarity of the whole kitty up the tree thing has gotten old rather fast. The whole broken ornament thing makes vacuuming a necessity and that makes for an unhappy shelly. The other night I put two presents under the tree. I had wrapped them so nicely and they matched the pink and purple ornaments and I later found most of the ribbon scattered around the living room. No big deal. I'll tape it on again. To be honest the whole bad kitty thing isn't so bad. She's kind of cute for such a monster.

Last night when I was baking Gingerbread cupcakes, she jumped onto the counter to watch. A second later I look over and she is licking the stick of butter I had set out- I guess that will just a little something special to that batch of baked goods. Ps. these cupcakes were baked in pretty gold liners and are going to be topped with a vanilla & cinnamon cream cheese frosting. That topping is going to be topped with a Ginger Kid cookie. There is little doubt that they will be adorabley adorable. I might even have to post a picture. I am bringing them to our in-office Xmas party tomorrow so No, you can't have one.

PS. I am very excited for Christmas. If anyone sees Santa let him know that I've been super well behaved (mostly). Also, it woudln't hurt if he found out that my laptop is broken and needs to be replaced.
UPDATE: Here's a picture of the ginger kid cupcakes. I got to eat one because it wouldn't fit in the carrying container. Pretty delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment