Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 RE(tard)CAP

Because I have the memory of a goldfish, I have decided to do a recap of 2010 in order to relive some of the wonderful (and some not so wonderful) memories of the past 12 months. I had to rape and pillage from many friend's facebook profiles and albums to acquire this information, but I think it was well worth it. Here she is:

January: Officially moved into the condo or the Penthouse as I like to call it. Threw myself a lovely little housewarming party with much help from, well, basically everyone I know! This was the night the potato cable came out, where my cable cord was plugged into a potato so that the men could watch the hockey game. I will have to say they were not hugely impressed.
February, the Olympics had officially arrived and nothing else mattered. Insert red mittens here. We partied at the German house and the Irish House and wandered downtown in amazement at the crowds and atmosphere.
We went to Surrey house and watched awesome country concerts. Carol and I were lucky enough to scam some Olympic tickets off Katie so off we went to whistler to see a women’s downhill ski event. I basically got frost bite that morning. I convinced my mom that we could give the afternoon tickets away and spend the day at the pub. Watching the event on big screens at the Longhorn Saloon with a nice cold strongbow in my hand was much more pleasant.

March. Shelly re-meets Sean.
Sean convinces Shelly that she likes running. Sean and Shelly sign up for Sun Run. Shelly buys an all white pair of Nikes. Sean shakes head at Shelly and takes her shoe shopping. Celebrated St Patrick’s day with a little party at the pent house, followed by a visit to black forest for some green beer out of little wee mugs. Shelly cat-sits Ted while Katie’s off vacationing.


April: Rolled in style in a limo downtown for Katie’s birthday. Italian food and yuk yuks. Pretty sure there was some crying that night, but I won’t mention names. Spent a lot of time training for the Sun Run.

May: Went and saw Brooks & Dunn- floor seats at GM Place. Fantastical. Sean and I killed the Sun Run mid May with Manda and Lisa following up the rear (xox). At this point, I decided to train for the Scotiabank half marathon in June. Kokanee dies, everyone is more or less devastated.

June: Cabin fever took hold of us and a few of us girls had a fantastic trip up to the cabin. Touche! I spent my Saturdays running forever and then napping to recover. Lisa and I go up to KTown, some very interesting characters in that town. The weather sucked, we didn’t even get to suntan. At the end of June I ran the half in under 2 hours, mommy met me at the finish line. My dentist tells me that drinking vegegreens/ phytoberry is staining my teeth so I immediately cease and desist.

July: House boating up on big Shuswap. Interesting weekend. Kitty goes missing and never returns. Louie is now an only child. Nikita, Alanna, Sara and I hit the road and took our show to the Calgary Stampede. Stopped at the cabin for a night, a great little 50’s diner for grub and also hit up Lake Louise for a visit. We hit the fair pretty hard, especially the fried pickles stand. Saw a whole whack of amazing country concerts and drank too many beers. We brought home many stuffed animal friends, most notably Franklin the Turtle. We also had a bit of a learning session on the way home about family trees and also the English Royal Family. Time well spent. Feel free to quiz us, I can tell a second cousin from a cousin first removed without even trying!

August: Katie, Nikita and I hit up Whistler real bad this weekend. Hiked up at Joffre Lakes, very beautiful (minus the mosquitoes). Played drinking games all day and then partied in the village. Not a super great weekend, but one I won’t ever forget. Met some new friends. Attended Cassie’s stagette in Vancouver (my very first ever!). Her friends are awesome, it was good times.

September: Labour Day long weekend, Katie and I took a huge trip to whistler. Pretty sure both nights we didn’t make it home til well past morning. All I remember is waking up surrounded by Kimchi and Kraft dinner. Towards the end of the summer I bought a bike and rode it three times, then put it in storage to rest and rejuvinate until next year. The rest of this month as a sickly invalid. It began with me feeling a little odd and within a few hours I was flu ridden. I spent the weekend mostly at home in chills and fevers then travelled to my mommy’s so they could look after me. I went to work for a couple of days but was
really in no shape to be there. Towards the end of this flu I could tell I was getting a cold. I spent four days coughing non-stop. I tried Buckley’s, I tried a cough syrup with Codeine all to no avail. I didn’t sleep for days because the coughing wouldn’t cease. I got a bleeding nose and because of the coughing it took me an hour to get it to stop. The next morning, I picked. I’m not ashamed to say it- I couldn’t help myself. The nose bleed began once again. After failing to stem it I packed up my stuff and drove to the doctors. They saw my bleeding nose and led me to a room immediately (score!). The doctor told me I had Bronchitis, contagious, gave me a prescription for meds and told me to come back for a check up in a week. A week later I still wasn’t feeling great so I went for a check up and the Doctor told me I now had tonsillitis. After a very loud “SHUT UP”, he got me to look at the horror that were my tonsils. EWW, indeed. Took the newly prescribed meds and I was finally healthy again! phewwwf.

October. Surprise birthday party thrown by our lovely friends much to our chagrin. I’d have to say it wasn’t the most gracious entrance ever. I will direct blame toward the Carol and her dragging us around ALL DAY LONG to keep us busy. Good party though! A few days later, Amanda and Carol gift me a kitten of unknown sex. After much mulling I decided it was a boy and named him Sir Watson the Kitten and nicknamed him Boots, in case the first name didn’t stick. The first trip to the vet shed no light on the situation, the vet and her assistant both murmured something along the lines of ‘beats me’. The second trip to the vet was a bit of a shocker and resulted in the kitty having another makeover on her name. She may now be called Miss Watson or Bad Kitty for short. Please note this is also around the time that I got my first every blackberry!
November: Watson and Shelly get acquainted. I accidently put a hole in a pipe and have to bring in emergency help. Don’t worry I got to meet a cute plumber AND dry waller out of the whole thing! The bathrooms get wallpapered and re-grouted (yes, unfortunately my counters are still blue- shut up about it already). An old friend from croupier school, Jwins, returns to my world. He is shortly headed out to Ontario to become a famous actor. You heard it here first! Shelly spends most of the month on her new blackberry.


December: Katie buys a condo, shelly and katie shop for new furniture. The next five visits to Katie’s are filled with putting together IKEA furniture. I finally make it to one of Kayden’s birthday parties. Christmas decorations go up at the condo. Watson ruins the tree a billion times. Manda throws a great Christmas party at her love nest. Christmas is awesome with only a minor temper tantrum had by an unspecified Little. Boxing day the tree comes down. Sara and I, along with Carrie & Sean put on our party pants and head to Reese's for his Paul-a-Palooza boxing day shindig. Good times. Return to house at 6 am. sleep for two hours adn back home to check on kitty. She scratched me to shreds for leaving her alone all night. I am practically an abused spouse.

That's all for now folks, Happy New Year to you all! Thanks for reading my blog slash skimming it.

No comments:

Post a Comment