Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Project Kitchen Cabinets

I decided to re-paint my kitchen cabinets from antique white to trim white. It took me nearly two weeks to finish this stupid project, because it kept getting bigger and bigger. As usual, once I started painting I couldn't stop. Everything had been evacuated out of my kitchen, so I couldn't cook or bake, which was frustrating. I ended up painting all of the insides of the cupboards, which was a ton of extra work. I also ripped out the light fixture, which was exciting as it was the very last original light fixture in my condo. And by I, I mean my mom, dad and I. Reinforcements had to be called in at the end of my project because I was exhausted and frustrated. It was really challenging to put the cupboards back on the cabinets by myself - they are heavy and awkward. I called my mom whining about it right around the time I noticed I put two cupboards on upside down :| Anyhow, it looks so fresh and shiny and great, and I'm very happy with it. Here's some during and after photos, of course I didn't take any before photos, that would have been too perfect.


 
 





 ...and here's the after photos...














2 comments:

  1. Nice job on finishing a project! Nicer job on even having the ambition to start one...your house makes me want to cry about my lack of a home even more. WAH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph! Sounds like it's time to go house hunting!

      Delete