Thursday, March 21, 2013

My broken clock

The clock in my house is broken. I've tried everything to fix it. The batteries are fresh and the hands have been set and re-set time and time again.

I've had my clock repair man, Lou, take a look and he says the clock is in perfect condition. He told me to be patient, that the clock will come around on its own good time. He laughed at the pun and left.

I've re-hung the clock in a few different spots in case it needed more light or maybe less light. I've hung it high, I've hung it low. I moved it into the kitchen so it could watch me cook, but the clock's hands refused to budge.

Yesterday, I sat down and tried to reason with the clock. I explained how important its job is and how grateful I would be if it would cooperate. I offered it a cup of tea and even a freshly baked cookie. When that didn't work, I sung it a country love song. The clock just stared back at me unmoving. Maybe it doesn't like country music.

Broken Clock

4 comments:

  1. I noticed that you did not mention threatening your clock. Have you tried this? It may be precisely the action needed and perhaps the type of treatment it was used to, before finding itself in your gentle hands. I gather your clock is taking advantage of you....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice. Perhaps I'll take away all its toys and make it sit in the corner!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Threaten to smash it. A little bit of violence scare never hurt any clock I ever knew..

    ReplyDelete