Tuesday, December 20, 2011

ChristmasTime

December 20th, some people are just getting their Christmas baking and shopping started. Some people have just gotten their trees decorated and lights up. Five whole days until Christmas. There's tons of time for rum and eggnog (RumNog, if you will). Plenty of time to listen to Christmas music. Days and days to get yourself into that holiday spirit, to fatten up on all the christmas goodies and wish everyone a Merry Christmas...that is, if you are not going to Mexico for the holidays.

Someone going to Mexico for Christmas is taking down their Christmas tree today, which they have had up since November 24th in order to savor it in all its glory. That someone has already amassed an impressive list of baked goods this holiday season (gingerbread, shortbread, fudge, caramel popcorn, snowball cookies). She has bought, wrapped and gifted her Christmas presents. She has listened to the Michael Buble Christmas CD sixteen million times in her flannel reindeer Christmas pajamas. She has had a full out family dinner with turkey and all the trimmings that was one of the best yet. She has watched Home Alone and the Shrek Christmas movie. This girl refused to miss out on the magic that is Christmas.

That girl is me. I am that girl. I think i have gotten all my requisite xmas acitivies in but i still feel a sadness about not being home for Christmas. Do not get me wrong- I am super duper excited to be leaving to Mexico for the holidays. I can not wait to lay in the sun and do absolutely nothing of any importance. i can't wait to go diving and sport fishing (i hope we don't catch anything) and adventuring. I am stoked to be spending two weeks with my family and best friend. I just feel sad about breaking tradition. I did it once before and it kind of tore a hole in my heart.

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope your holidays are filled with cheer (RumNogs).

If you see Santa- send him my way. I forgot to leave a forwarding address. I sure hope he got me that Polly Pocket I've been asking for, for the last 8 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment