Monday, February 14, 2011

XXX

Twin and I baked chocolate sugar cookies yesterday. We whipped up some homemade icing and then poisoned it with strawberry flavoring. I kid you not. This flavoring tastes like poison. We added extra ingredients to try to cover the poison taste and were only mildly successful. After doing a dozen or so we ended up tossing most of the icing and leaving the cookies sadly undecorated. During the icing fiasco Manda looks over to me and says, "Why does everything we make together turn out so awful? Is it because we have too much fun?" I agreed that I thought it was that our fun levels rise to high during the baking process. Things seem to go awry every time, but at which point I can not say. We decided a baking course needs to be in our future. Literally, two minutes later she looks over at me and her teeth are stained bright pink! She must have been eating icing. She rinses out her mouth and smiles and asks if it's gone, but her mouth is still fluorescent pink. So hilarious. She sprinted for the bathroom and her toothbrush while I giggled in the kitchen (after checking my teeth to make sure that the evidence of my 'tasting' hadn't stained my teeth).

1 comment: